Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Maybe...

 Thoughts are running wild in my head these days and this one seemed worth sharing...
How many times have this word struck your mind? Every day it comes out in one or the other way. (even rana used it to talk about Bengaluru's weather) In my opinion, is it is a dangerous word because it is not         a) definitive, b) open to interpretations and c) refers to uncertainty.
  • Maybe I’ll get selected for that job
  • Maybe we can be great friends someday
  • Maybe I’m wrong, Maybe I’m right
  • Maybe he still loves/hates me
  • Maybe Osama is in Pakistan
  • Maybe someday things will change...

Maybe is a mix of hopes and fears, our assumptions construct it and many precious moments of this life get lost in searching for answers to it. On that note, Hopes and fears by Keane is a great listen, fyi Keane is one of those rare guitar less bands.
Maybe is the middle path suggested by Lord Buddha, it is neutrality and for me it is nothing but another means to show your diplomacy. See, even I’m struggling to classify it as good or bad.
My take away from this thought is simple, try to give reasons and definite answers to your near and dear ones, Maybe spoils their expectations and gives them a false hope in situations when there is no hope in reality. A Yes or No works wonders at times.
A life without Maybe represents clarity of thoughts and nothing like it.
Ending this chotu sa blog now, Maybe I am able to communicate my thought clearly to you.  J Take care...

ps- love u kd, tere liye gaali khaana aur khilaana.. sab manzoor yaar...

No comments:

Post a Comment